Exercise is an important part of rehabilitation for chronic disease. Regular exercise can help you feel less short of breath. It also improves your heart and muscles and can help you feel good about yourself.
- Energy level
- Muscle strength and endurance
- Cardiopulmonary (heart-lung) endurance
- Ability to fight infection
- Restful sleep
- Bone density
- Shortness of breath
- Risk factors of heart disease
- Blood pressure
- Side effects of medicine (steroids)
- Blood sugar levels
Learn about starting an exercise program and exercises you can do at home:
This information has been approved by Kimberly Sack, MS, PT (May 2012).